Thursday 22 March 2012

Why is Hamilton such a grumpy face?

Image Credit: McLaren F1 team
Despite getting a podium finish, Lewis Hamilton just wasn't happy after the race in Australia. Now, we all know he wants to win, above everything. But you'd think he'd at least be a little happy with 3rd place, even if he was still behind Vettel and Button.

I'm in two minds about this. For the most part I want to tell him to shut the fuck up, stop worrying about bad starts and what went wrong in the race and be happy that he got 3rd. This would lead to a more chilled Lewis Hamilton who would be focused on the race at hand rather than mistakes made in the previous race etc.

I think he's gone from not being focused enough to being too focused and as a result he's being a wanker.

However, I also think that with passion and determination - along with all that skill - why should he be happy with 3rd place? No one wants to come 3rd, you want to WIN. Hamilton won't be happy with anything other than that.

Ayrton Senna had it right. He said: "When you are fitted in a racing car and you race to win, second or third place is not enough."

So part of me thinks, good on you Lewis. Fight until the bitter end.

Senna also said: "Being second is being first to the ones who lose."

That puts it in another perspective. I want Hamilton to win races (although I'd rather Button won races) but I'm bored of him looking grumpy-faced on the podium. 

I'd kill to come third in a Forumula One race.



By Unknown with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate all comments, because I'm cool like that.

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives